Friday, January 28, 2011

Number Two

So, perhaps this is the fist one that I'm going to be actually writing. I'm sitting in the desert with a cat that's thirty feet long, and by desert, I mean the library.

And by long cat, I mean The Friends.


I want to stay pretty anonymous in this blog. That way I can say things that are honestly my thoughts and not feel like someone (that's either a creepy stalker, or worse, someone that actually knows me and reads this) can identify me. So, for instance, instead of saying my friend's names, I'll come up with alternatives. 

Same with the whole, "Mr. English Teacher" and "The Town."

There are interesting "regulars" here in The Town's library (high school edition). I'm learning a lot about these mysterious people, and yet I have no idea who they all are. I spent a long while playing with the font. I like font. If you know how to talk about font, you can talk to anyone. Really, it's something that we all come in contact with, we all semi-memorize, and we all have in common. Sports? Not everyone watches them, so there is no reason for knowing all about them.

Font, however, all important people know it.

Anyway.

So. I got a secret message from Mr. English Teacher today regarding my story I've been working on all year. I enjoyed having someone's opinion that wasn't just, "oh, hey. Not bad. Keep up the good work."


That kind of feedback doesn't help at all.  I need real feedback that I can use to make it perfect! I need to be competitive in the competition. Redundant sentence is redundant. Is it redundant? It's redundant. I'm pleased that I got the ending out on the page, you know? I needed to just, have it spat out. Now I have to workshop it to be visually pleasing and flow like. I was unsure if the conclusion would be cliche or not. Or how obvious it'd be.

The worst part is I have to write an under-two-page summary about it. I know I can do it, but I don't want to give away the ending to the people that will be judging it. I mean, if one knew the ending, and read it, they'd not be surprised by the end. They'd just be all, "WELL. I SAW THAT COMING." And then they'd set it on fire and I'd never hear from them again.

It's 2:08. School's almost over. I must be going eventually.

I can edit these, and that's a nice extra. So I can go home, blog and whatnot, fix what I said, and have an enjoyable blog.

2 comments:

  1. My feedback was unhelpful? Maybe we can talk about how to make my comments more useful to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I specifically said your feedback was helpful.

    "I enjoyed having someone's opinion that wasn't just, 'oh, hey. Not bad. Keep up the good work.'"

    Implying you're not one of those people.I hope you didn't actually think I wrote (on my blog for your class) that you give inefficient feedback. :\

    ReplyDelete