Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's Addicting

Dubstep is actually pretty awesome. It's not "techno," it's way more intense. Although techno is also awesome in its own way, dubstep really quenches my thirst for a good beat and interesting treble scenes. One of the best bands to find this godly music? Skrillex. Check them out. I've been addicted to them for months. The guy that makes the music (Sony Moore) has a specific style. An avid listener will be able to listen to a song of his and automatically know that's his work. He's done some mixes of popular songs like "Bad Romance," which is a risky choice considering if you mess up a popular song that all the norms listen to, you're career and credibility are done.

The current song I'm loving is "Weekends" by Skrillex. Very, very nice. It can make anyone dance.

I'm not always in the mood for dance music. I mean, I'm one who can appreciate and enjoy a song with meaningful lyrics (like Friday), but constant philosophical and inspirational music can grow old too. I have yet to find a dance-song with actual lyrics that mean anything.

That's why I'm content with having varied music on my iPod.

Dubstep --> Oldies --> Metals (of all kinds) --> Techno --> Slow and Meaningful --> Completely useless

Yeah. Those are all legit styles.

1 comment:

  1. Weird. I just heard about Skrillex yesterday for the first time.

    ReplyDelete