Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I'm Wanted

These headphones are too big for my ears. I really dislike when ear-buds just rest in the outside edge of your ear. I feel like the music escapes too much around the openings. I much prefer in-ear headphones. I find that the bass is much more impressive and the sound quality in general is far superior.

...Obviously not as superior as these home-made headphones by the hunky intellectual badasses.

MY TECHNOLOGY BRINGS ALL THE NERDS TO THE COMPUTER LAB. AND THEY'RE LIKE, IT'S BETTER THAN HERS. -SNORT- RIGHT. IT'S BETTER THAN HERS. I CAN TEACH YOU, BUT I'D HAVE TO USE MY INHALER FIRST.

Speaking of inhalers, I've discovered something about myself. I have Asthma. Yeah, you see, blog readers, a few years ago I used to try to run around the block. Unfortunately, I was about five million pounds and couldn't seem to drag my whale body around the paved roads. I blamed the stress on my lungs on that very fact. So the other day I decided that I was no longer as whale-ish and should attempt to complete the task that I never was able to.

And I did it.

I ran around the block (and yeah, it's not that far, maybe a third of a mile). I was able to do it! My body was able to run around the block without the terrible stresses or vomit that I would have to endure before.

With that said.

About half way around I realized my lungs started to burn. I ignored it because I was in the zone. I was also listening to Daft Punk, "Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger" and was very motivated. As I continued the run, the burning started to get progressively worse to the point where I had to slow down. I never stopped though. I rounded the corner to the long stretch home. So of course, I sprinted. By the time I got to my driveway, I was tasting blood in the back of the throat, my lungs were on fire, and the tightness in my throat was beginning to be prominent.

I walked through the door and realized that it was a mistake to be so driven to finish the run. For the next hour my lungs burned, and with every breath I took it was more pain being injected to the area. Within minutes of stopping the run my throat almost completely closed up. I don't know a different way to explain it other than having to breathe through one of those "Capri Sun" straws. I also had that nostalgic feeling of having to throw up, mostly because the pain was unbearable.

Luckily it did subside eventually. The only reminder of the event was the terrible mucus that accumulated in my lungs, and decided to stay there for DAYS after. It was pretty terrible to have to breathe and hear the rattling of my insides. I had such a terrible cough that after about three days my mother asked me if I was smoking. I would have been all sarcastic and say "AAWWWWWWWW YEAHH" but then she'd take it literally and kill me. I can't tell her of my asthma, mainly because I'd be forced to explain to her that I ran around the block.

Running around the block is illegal in my house because I'm not allowed out of it. So, I'll just wait until I'm eighteen in ten months and go to the doctor's then. I also have to get my thyroid checked. My birth-mom and her mom (and darn near the whole family) have thyroid problems. They were all pretty fat too, before they got their pills for it and lost a lot of weight. That's why I'm hopeful for the future; I'll get all this fixed.

2 comments: