Friday, April 8, 2011

You Bleed Just To Know You're Alive

I wonder about dying sometimes. Not in an odd "I'm into death and guns and being sorry for myself" way, just, "what happens?" Growing up in an extremely difficult "religion" to escape, anyone in the family would refer me to their version of the Bible. I don't consider myself part of their religion, but I'm not about to dismiss the initial concept of God either. Mainly because I honestly don't know. I'd like to think that there's someone, somewhere looking out for me and helping the world be a better place. Personally, I think that it's completely up to the person to decide if they want to believe, and when they believe, their form of "God" appears. Someone who is bound and determined to disprove any "power from above" will never change and believe. (Unless some life changing trauma happens and that makes them change their outlook.) To be honest, I have absolutely no idea what to think about any of this. I don't want to be apart of the religion the family's in. The mind set is the most sexist, annoying, and illogical set of ideas I've ever seen. "God" is one thing. "Religion" is another.

I had this really awesome conversation with a good friend a while back. We concluded that, long ago, people needed a way to control mass amounts of people. So they put "God" in their eyes as a means of control. It was never questioned, and always reinforced. After centuries past, people started to attain the ability to make money and live on their own. They got to thinking about the concept of "God" and started to doubt it. Then the powerful people made up something more powerful than even God.





Money.







To be honest, I don't want to upset anyone. I just blab my thoughts and hope people agree.

1 comment:

  1. AND I DONT WANT THE WORLD TO SEE ME!

    Haha yeah. I think there are pretty solid deduced arguments against the entire concept of deity, but religion is outside of the scientific method, so nothing can concretely be proved or disproved concerning it. You can believe in anything that you want to and no one's allowed to say you're wrong.

    I am a strong believer in Pastafarianism.

    Problem, Christians?

    ReplyDelete