Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bitter Sweet

I have no idea what to write about. I know I have to, merely because I need the entries.

Ohh. Now I remember the topic I pre-planned to write about. My rant about the females that sit next to me. Yes,The Friend With Pigtails and The Friend With A Clue. They're fun when they include me, but they always watch their favorite youtube superstar, Wheezy Waiter. He's this thirty year old guy that probably lives alone with a beard. He makes videos to self satisfy his loneliness, and has successfully made it his career. Unfortunately, I'm not included in all of this. I just sit alone on the outside, occasionally looking at their shared screen when their giggles carry over. I don't know how they haven't been caught. I thought youtube was off limits. Whatever, I really don't care at this point.

Today's been pretty blah all day. My teapot in pottery dried out over the vacation. Good thing I didn't have to add anything to it, or I wouldn't be able to attach anything. I just smoothed and shaved it down to perfection. Ms. Pottery Teacher even said she loved it. It made me smile in the inside. I'm in the process of making matching cups. Chemistry is a dull subject with dull people and dull minutes that tick by so slowly. ASL is okay. I'm pretty much the only ASL II student left, so I'm never doing much. English, well you're there for that. Crucible is going fine. I think I talk too much, answer too many questions. I've started counting down before I say anything. Five seconds before the first reply. Then increasing to five second intervals until I just don't answer anymore. Math is losing my interest too. It's still my best subject, but I get my "do nows" done in about five minutes, then have nothing to do all class. It's also depressing looking around and thinking how I only have another quarter with these kids before they're off and graduated. I enjoy a handful of the seniors, grown up with them. And in just a little bit, they'll all be off and gone. I'm going to miss having class with all of them. Kids in my grade are alright, but my friends are leaving. Today my math buddy was talking about colleges. He was going on and on about how he got accepted to the two he applied for, and now has to decide. I think I'm going to miss him in math more than any of the other kids. He was the one person in the entire class that was better than me. And it wasn't that he's better as much as an equal. I've got to say, honestly, if he wasn't there, I'd be slacking a lot in that class because I'm lazy. Everything is friendly competition with him. Not even kidding, I got a 125 on a test, and you know what he got? A 130. He always gets a couple of points more. I've beaten him a couple of times, but rarely. Now I fear when this time in my life will only be a memory, and his seat and all the seats around me will vanish in my mind until I'm alone in math class.

Yeah, this year is ending. Every moment is bitter sweet. Every time I say good morning, it's just one less time I get to do it. At the end of every school day, I've wasted another day where everyone is here at once. Every passing moment is lost.

3 comments:

  1. Again, there you go making want to reach for a tissue and a box a chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mean to make you sad. It's just observations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't answer too many questions. Keep raising your hand. Willingness to engage in discussion and to think critically are signs of an expanding intellect.

    ReplyDelete